- Published: 22 November 1999
Autumn-inspired Spa Treatments from Beach to Mountains
Unleashing the scents and tastes of autumn, these award winning spas have embraced the season’s best ingredients to create treatments with wellness benefits abound.
Recognizing pumpkin’s full potential for the skin, SiSpa, the award-winning luxury waterfront spa at two of Florida’s top resorts, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa and Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, is offering a Muddy Pumpkin Wrap and Muddy Pumpkin Mani Pedi ($99 each).
- Drenching skin from head-to-toe in pumpkin goodness, the Muddy Pumpkin Wrap (50 minutes) begins with a full-body exfoliation using a nutrient-rich Pumpkin Splendid Dirt that helps to even out skin tone. Next up is a Bourbon Bubbler Kentucky Whiskey Scrub to get skin primed for moisturizer while guests enjoy a soothing scalp and foot massage. After a warm, luxurious shower, guests are bathed in the scents of cinnamon with a hydrating “Red Hot” oil application, leaving the skin re-energized and re-hydrated.
- The Muddy Pumpkin Mani Pedi (100 min) unleashes the unforgettable scents of fall. The treatment includes a Bourbon Bubbler Kentucky Whiskey Scrub, a Pumpkin Splendid Dirt mask, and a massage with “Red Hot” oil and warm stones. Nails on the hands and feet will also be groomed and polished.
Tucked away in the high peaks of Lake Placid, The Spa at the AAA Four Diamond Whiteface Lodge (the area’s only resort spa), is offering treatments bursting with the flavors of fall paired with a complimentary glass of hot cider (valid Sunday-Thursday through November 2015).
- Rehydrate the skin from head to toe with an Apple Cider Masque and Massage (80 minutes, $150). This exquisite treatment contains mineral clays from the Canadian seas, iced cider and apple vinegar. Guests will enjoy a rebalancing scalp and full body massage with ultra-nourishing body crème containing apple extracts.
- Designed to clarify and rebalance the skin, the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel Facial (50 minutes, $125) is ideal for dull, congested skin. The clarifying mask exfoliates with pumpkin enzymes to promote a clear and radiant complexion. This treatment is jam-packed with Beta Carotene and antioxidants and will leave skin hydrated, revitalized and ready to face the elements.
Mirbeau Inn & Spa, the idyllic, Monet-inspired retreat located in the storybook Finger Lakes town of Skaneateles, N.Y. is offering two off-menu treatments this fall from the natural skincare company Farmhouse Fresh, including a Pumpkin Latte Body Treatment and a Honey-Butterscotch Rum & Relax Manicure and Pedicure.
- The Pumpkin Latte Body Treatment begins with an invigorating caffeine-infused Whipped Caramel Body Polish that increases circulation and buffs away dull skin. It is followed by an Organic Pumpkin Puree Mud Mask to deep clean, and a soothing massage using Sweet Cream Body Milk Lotion completes the indulgent treatment. The 50-minute version is priced at $130 Monday-Thursday, and $140 Friday-Sunday. The 100-minute version includes a Butter Brulee Whole Milk Bath Soak and is priced at $230 Monday-Thursday, and $255 Friday-Sunday.
- The Honey-Butterscotch Rum & Relax Manicure and Pedicure starts with a Warm Nectar Whole Milk and Chicory Root soaking bath before hands and feet are exfoliated with a combination of butterscotch rum, brown sugar and bran rice oil to soften skin. A Warm Honey Glaze with papaya, pineapple fruit cells, aloe and Vitamin E is then painted over legs and feet, or arms and hands before a dollop of Ginger Sorbet Body Milk Lotion is applied to the skin through a soothing massage. Nails are groomed and polished upon completion of the massage. The 50-minute manicure is priced at $65 Monday-Thursday, and $70 Friday-Sunday. The 50-minute pedicure is priced at $75 Monday-Thursday, and $80 Friday-Sunday.
The Umstead Hotel and Spa (Cary, N.C.), the elegant AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Five Star retreat known for its serene woodland setting, offers the splurge-worthy Flower Hammam Ritual. With alluring aromas from the fall quince fruit (a relative of the rose) and spicy notes of cardamom, the treatment is filled with restorative autumn ingredients.
- Utilizing rich essential oils, the ritual begins with an exfoliation of Lemon Coffee Blossom Scrub. The body is then cocooned in warm white clay, which cleanses and detoxifies the skin. Rich aromas of Moroccan Mint Tea and Orange Quince Mist abound, this ritual concludes with a relaxing application of Cardamom Amber Oil used to warm and relax the body ($145, 75 min; $190, 90 min).